Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC ethernet bridge

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've a WLC 2106 and it is running IOS version 7.0.240. I am trying to setup a wireless mesh and used the ethernet bridge port on the MAP to extend the network. The wireless mesh works fine but I can not get the switch to work that is connected to the ethernet port on the MAP.

I'm using two different Access points. I'm using a Air Cap 3502i as the RAP and a Air Lap1142N as the MAP.

The switch port that is connected to the RAP and MAP is configured as the following:

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 2

switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30,40

The RAP etherbridge port is enable and set to: normal

The MAP etherbridge port is enable and set to: Trunk,

native vlan is set to: 2

Vlan id 10

Vlan id 20

The wireless mesh between the RAP and MAP works fine. I can connect a device to the MAP wirelessly and access the network with no problem but I can not get anything to work that connects to the switch that is connected to the MAP ethernet port.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would open a TAC case as this is a bug. I don't recall what code it stopped working but I know it doesn't work also in the v7.3 & v7.4

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would open a TAC case as this is a bug. I don't recall what code it stopped working but I know it doesn't work also in the v7.3 & v7.4

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: