cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC HA 7.6.120

martin.parodi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I configured 2 WLC 5508 with version 7.6.120 in HA, one of them had the management trought management-port (the primary) and the other had the management trought the service-port.

When I setted SSO enable I lost the management to the secondary and when I finished to configure the HA I tested and I can access to the GUI only when the primary is active but if the primary goes down I can't access to the GUI but everything is working fine.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restrictions for High Availability

An HA-SKU controller with an evaluation license cannot become a standby controller. However, an HA-SKU controller with zero license can become a standby controller.

It is not possible to access the standby-hot controller through the controller GUI, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, or Telnet. You can access the standby-hot controller only on its console.

After you enable SSO, you must access both the standby and active controller using:

The primary WLC has a licence for 250AP and the secondary has a licence for 50AP when the secondary take the primary role because of a disruption of the primary the secondary takes the licence for 250AP but I can't manage by GUI, is this a normal function?

Yes that is normal!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card