cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC i cannot create interface as same vlan id and subnet different in branch and main office

I have got a wireless project with WLC  main office and have 10 sites where ap's are there and ap's getting registerd .

we need 4 ssid in all branches same .

ssid guest

ssid scanner

ssid user

vlan 600 main office for scanner 192.168.1.0

in branch

vlan 600 for scanner but ip is 172.16.1.0

and bgp is running . And customer is asking me not to edit the ip range or vlan or create new vlan .

but in wlc am not able to create branch network 172.16.1.0 range interface and vlan 600 as vlan 600 i already created for scanner main office 192.168.1.0

So is there a way to do that .

Temprarly one site i did like created vlan 610 in branch no ip . And in main office interface vlan 610 given another ip range . and i created interface in wlc .

from branch i can connect the ssid and getting ip .

But they dont want to create any aditional vlan or another network . Customer dont have a smartnet contract . They recently baught 2 wlc 5508 and 40 ap 1142.

will cisco support on this . Or is there a way to do this .

Appritated if somebody could help me out.

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a good case for FlexConnect. FlexConnect will keep the remote traffic local and allow you to have the same VLAN ID with different subnets per site.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank stephen , And can you give a small example or any link how to configure that .

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer

Sure.

Https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24082

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Breeze,

Flexconnect is the new buzz word for HREAP. Attached is a link to configure HREAP. Flex, so you know, is a controller that ONLY allows HREAP aps. However, a normal controller can also do HREAP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin