Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC,I Need to ping from LWAPP while its controled via WLC

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Folks

in  WLC Term, and LWAP, how can i telnet for LWAP,i need to ping from the AP itself?how is that happend?is it impossible via Telnet after i get its ip address when i issued the sh ip dhcp binding?

Rgds

Ibrahim

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure "Telnet" is enabled on the LWAP.  Go to All APs > AP of your choice > Advanced Tab > Telnet.  By default, telnet is disabled.

Don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Q. Can I Telnet/SSH into an LWAPP based access point?

A. In Wireless LAN Controller release 5.0  and later, the controller supports the use of Telnet or Secure Shell  (SSH) protocols to troubleshoot lightweight access points. You can use  these protocols in order to make debugging easier, especially whe...

In order to enable Telnet or SSH connectivity on an access point, use the config ap {telnet | ssh} command. The Cisco lightweight access point associates with this Cisco  Wireless LAN controller for all network operation and in the event of a  hardwa...

config ap {telnet | ssh} {enable | disable} Cisco_AP

Examples

> config ap telnet enable cisco_ap1
> config ap telnet disable cisco_ap1
> config ap ssh enable cisco_ap2
> config ap ssh disable cisco_ap2

Q. How to configure global credentials for access points. What are the default user name and password in release 5.0?

A. Cisco IOS access points are shipped from  the factory with Cisco as the default enable password. This password  allows users to log into the non-privileged mode and execute show and  debug commands, which poses a security threat. The default enabl...

In the controller software prior to release 5.0,  you can set the access point enable password only for access points that  are currently connected to the controller. In controller software  release 5.0, you can set a global use rname, password, and ...

For information on how to configure the global credentials of the AP, refer to Configuring Global Credentials for Access Points.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin