cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I am aware that I can only have a total of 12 AP's on the WLC2112, but I read somewhere that the controller has a hard limit of 254 client connections.  Is this true?Thanks

msv by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,When I upload a license to increase the support of the AP in the WLC 5500, The WLC is restarted??For example, the WLC actually support 25 Access Points, And I have the license file to add 25 more access points, I have to restart the WLC to the new...

I need to do a site survey using my wireless "N" AP.  The AP is a Cisco 1252G.Is there any way I can make the AP broadcast an ssid without plugging it into the network and having it join the wireless controller?I will mount the AP in a hallway were t...

I have my WLC2106 on a network with no VLANs and no 802.1q.  I have a DHCP server already on the LAN.However, it seems like I still need to configure the WLC to proxy the DHCP requests from the wireless clients.  Is there any way for me to run the WL...

lgmarkis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have an instance where changes were (supposedly) made to one of the IP addresses on a WLC, but the next morning, the old IP address was there. Does the WCS automatically load a config if it sees a difference to what it believes should be loaded? (...

swakelen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a local mode 1242 LWAP that gets dragged around from city to city as a mobile WLAN-in-a-Can.  So far it phones home and re-joins it's WiSM properly.  In actual use no more than six laptops can connect and that's the problem.I set the globally ...

hi! In an autonomous APs setup environment with the dhcp configured in 2 of the APs (within the same network segment), when the user move from one APs to another APs, will it caused 2 dhcp address leases in both of the dhcp svrs and caused conflict?T...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Gday Everyone,I have been getting this error recently. Any suggestions out there%USMDB-3-MSGTAG030: usmdb_apf.c:262 For information regarding Emergency image Version,Please refer Controller documents. I got WLC4402, software ver 6.0.188

Gday Everyone,Been working on wireless maps for wcs. While creating the maps, do the internal structure (rooms, bathrooms etc ) have to be exactly scaled? Will just a layout of the rooms work? Anyone who has done the maps, how have you been doing it?...

Is it possible to have one broadcasting SSID but clients seperated by, lets say say 7 different vlans in the WLC?  For example- each floor would be seperated by its own vlan and dchp pool, but they all connect to one SSID in the controller.  From wha...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card