Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC in SSO Setup

jegan_rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

Is it possible to connect Redundancy ports between primary WLC and HA WLC through switch-port instead of connecting directly ?

I have a requirement where dual L3 switches in different building, so connecting copper cable through Redundancy ports directly is not possible.

Note:
WLC Model: 3504
SSO is required, so N+1 model cannot be considered in this case.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Yes, it's is possible.
My controllers are separated by about 20 kms. The Redundancy Port must be in a non-routable VLAN (layer 2 only).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anthonylofreso
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having trouble finding documentation specific to the 3504 WLC. But here are the available options for the other WLCs: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/HA_SSO_DG/High_Availability_DG.html#pgfId-78132

AFAIK,

You mus conecct direcctly the ports. The WLC make a mapping and change the ip addressing for a ip address 169.254.x.x.

Regards

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Yes, it's is possible.
My controllers are separated by about 20 kms. The Redundancy Port must be in a non-routable VLAN (layer 2 only).

Excellent, this answers my question, Thanks Leo !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: