Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC problem

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to connect a 2504 WLC with cisco 1041 lightweight access points. I have a simple setup where my WAN link comes and terminate at a 2911 ISR router (where the DHCP pool is configured) and it connects to the internal switch in which both my WLC and access points(02) directly connected.

My problem is though I can see my 02 access points in the WLC’s GUI interface (under Monitor>CDP>interface neighbors) with ip addresses obtained from the DHCP pool. I can’t see any APs getting connected to the WLC.

Can anyone assist me with this regard?

Regards,

Suthakar

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, make sure the time is set correctly on the WLC.  Place the AP's in the same subnet as the WLC management interface for now and make sure there is a dhcp scope on that subnet.  If you switchport is setup as an access port, then you need to make sure the wlc management interface is tagged with a vlan of "0".  If you have the switchport setup as at trunk port, then you can tag the wlc management interface with the vlan id.  Just make sure your not setting the native vlan on the trunk port and only allow the vlans you have defined on the WLC.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Here is a link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card