Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC release 8.0

Ronen Benjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Does any one have infromation what features will be implemnetd in WLC release 8.0 coming soon?

I like to get release notes and PPT ..

8 Replies 8

cralvara
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Ronen,

I hope you are doing great.

The new release of WLC software version 8.0 is confidential information and there are not any PPTs presentations yet. So far, the only information we handle is that is coming this October, 2013. I would suggest you to refer to your Account Manager.

Best Regards.

Cristina Alvarado.

Cisco Virtual Engineering - Partner Help.

Is there any information available on 8.0 yet? I am looking for WAP models supported, etc...

matsna
Level 1
Level 1

The information I have is limited:

• IPv6 for the infrastructure
  • Videostream/Multicast for Flexconnect
  • Feature Enhancements for Application Visibility (AVC)
  • High Availability Enhancements
  • Mesh support with Flexconnect

Thanks. It is very difficult to plan without knowing which WAP models wont be supported. We have several thousand Cisco access points deployed and the sooner we know which ones will need to be replaced, the better it will be for us from a budgeting perspective.

Thanks again.

What is supported on 7.6 will continue to the next 8.0 release unless, naturally, the devices fall foul of the end of software support date prior to the release of 8.0. It is pretty easy to figure out if you think about it.  Although this comes with no guarantee's.

Going beyond 8.0 is anyones guess.  You should contact your Cisco Rep. and ask for more info (might require signing an NDA)

Greg Golightly
Level 1
Level 1

As someone who just upgraded to 7.6.130 (this morning) just a month after .120 (hit by a web auth bug that rebooted my controller often) and someone who has hit all the big bugs in 7.x code since the release of the HA 5508 . . . I was told in a conference call last week with some high level Cisco Wireless engineers that 8.x is a stability code train.  They are getting pressure from many that the 7.x code is so frequently updated and buggy that they know they need a code base that will be less cutting edge. 

Yesterday I've upgraded a 2504 from 7.6.120 to 8.0.100 and got the following problemas:

1- All wlans were in "disable" state

2- All wlans were in the "management" interface

I solved this by configured each WLAN with the proper interface and enable each one.

I've ran the same procedure in a lab environment, with a different 2504 and got the same two problems.

Anyone had these problems?

Cheers,
Vasco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card