Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Release OS and AP-SSO

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hello to all,

Which Release OS you suggest migrating from 7.0???

I've seen that 7.4 is quite an unpredictable Release with major problem so I'm evaluating 7.3 or 7.5...

Regarding AP SSO If I wanto to keep the Redundancy model of 7.0 without AP-SSO I'm still able to doi also if I upgrade to 7.5?

Or I have to migrate from the Actual Redundancy 1:1 using Mobility Groups to AP-SSO reconfiguring both Primary, as Master, and Secondary as Standby

Thnx for the suggestion

BR

O.G.

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
Both 7.3 and 7.4 has issues with HA but it's also depends in your requirement.

As per my exp. 7.4.110.0 is stable in 7.4.x.

You can keep redundancy with 7.4 or 7.5.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I didn't have the guts to test HA SSO on 7.4.100.X and 7.4.110.X, however, I am currently using 7.5.X.X in production.  We would regularly (as in once a month) do failover in the middle of the day and no one would see any impact.

Why do we initiate a failover?  Because we can.  No joke, because we can.  Really!

Hello to all,

basically moving to OS 7.5 is the best solution which  guarantee stability but also the old Redundancy setup configuration in  service.

Thnks

O.

Currently Cisco recommends v7.4.110.0 MR1 for AP SSO stability. You only use v7.5 if and only if you need a feature that v7.5 offers. Some of my clients are on v7.5 due to that reason, but again, it's what suggested by Cisco.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card