Replies

WLC SSO Problem

zigshe001
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 5508 controller and 130 APs
first WLC 8.0.140, 250 AP licenses and 90 APs joined

second WLC 8.3.150, 50 AP licenses and 40 APs joined
1 .When updating first to 8.3.150, there stop working web and ssh, and half of APs have lost. Nothing interesting in logs, show network summary says that web and ssh are enabled. OK

2. with console we have configured HA. Primary on first, Secondary on second

3. When first node is active - ssh, web still not working. And it joins only 35 APs

4. When second node is active, it works fine

Cant hold first node in active state for a long time to diagnose what is wrong.

How can reset to factory or unjoin from sso first(primary) with no lost of licenses in HA?

Or maybe somebody knows how to fix it?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That is not an easy fix. If your standby is working fine and you know for sure your primary is not, look up how to replace a primary controller in SSO. You can factory reset your primary and manually go through the startup wizard to get network connectivity. Then you just need to enter the SSO configuration to that device. That unit will reboot and then a sync should happen. Make sure that SSO show that it’s synced and then issue a force failover to bring the primary as active. Make sure you follow the SSO guide and verify the RP cables and connections are fine and the controllers cables and port settings also.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

but if I'll reset primary to default, wouldnt it break SSO? when i tryed to to unplug redundancy port, secondary controller goes to reboot and becomes standby :(

You have something messed up then. I thought the issue was just with the primary. If the standby is not working, that is a bigger issue. If the standby is active, you can remove the primary and that should not affect anything. By removing, you remove the uplink and RP ports from the primary. Don’t get confused when I say primary/standby with active and backup.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hmm, i havent remove uplink... I ll try again, thank you
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card