cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC to support both lightweight and mesh access-points?

Hi,

When I tried to download software for WLC44xx, I noticed both mesh and standard software releases. Do I need to keep seperate controller for mesh APs?.

WLC with standard sw can not handle mesh APs?

thanks,

Ramesh

6 Replies 6

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, back in the day there was a separate code for MESH, like 4.x.

Today, no.. One code fits mesh and regular operation.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thanks George,

That means, I can use same controller in mixed environment, where mesh APs and standard lwap can associate with same controller?

YUP!

I run mesh inside my house actually and have some regular aps in my lab all on the same WLC.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

I run mesh inside my house actually

That's right folks.  This is one reason why George's pastries is very famous in that part of Texas.  He's got (more than) enough AP in his home lab that'll make industrial microwave oven manufacturers blush with envy.

Haha

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You crazy Aussie ...

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card