Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC upgrade not updating primary image

johan.loven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to upgrade and predownload image to AP:s fails.

After the FTP transfer to the WLC controller the "show boot" command should display the new firmware version as the primary. But this doesn't happen.

Tried uploading the firmware multiple times and all every time the result was "successfull" but nothing happens to the primary image.

I'm trying to do an upgrade from 8.10.105.0 to 8.10.112.0

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If possible post complete 'logging-trail' of the upgrade attempt tried. In that manner use CLI to upgrade to have the verbose output. Also configure for this case a syslog server from the controller to a syslog agent.                    Check the syslog-agent's logs afterwards , look for errors.

M>

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Opened a case with cisco.

thanks

- Don't bother I am better (just kidding of course). More valuable however is the idea that if you  get valuable feedback from Cisco to share it here too, since after all you also posted the question in this forum (I don't think CISCO, will mind because they are very busy in these covid-times).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card