cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC5508 upgrade:Failure while validating the signature!

Hi everyone, Do you have occurred this issue? WLC software:7.4 FUS:1.9 When we transfer image to wlc,there is the error as below: ------------------------------------------------- This may take some time. Are you sure you want to start? (y/N) y FTP Code transfer starting. FTP receive complete... extracting components. Failure while validating the signature! FTP Failure while storing in flash! (0) ------------------------------------------------- Is there any workaround except RMA?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>Any workaround except RMA

- Depends , can you still boot the controller ? As for the initial transfer error, verify the MD5-sum for the originial download (of the FUS package).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

yes,we cannot upgrade it,it can boot this time,the md5 verify is ok

- Can you post the output of show certificate all ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

there is no this command in wlc5508

- Check the below thread completely  , review all advises and actions :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/wlc-5508-failure-to-upgrade-code/td-p/1582692

M.

thanks for your response!
emmm,i have read this discussion before.But there is not helpful yet

superego
Level 1
Level 1

Try to reboot the device and do an MD5 checksum on the FUS file.

FUS 1.9

• This release of the Field Upgrade Software is applicable to Cisco WLCs that are installed with the controller software release 6.0 and later.

Release Notes:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/fus_rn_OL-31390-01.html

the wlc has FUS 1.9,and do not need upgrade it,we need upgrade wlc image from 7.4 to 8.0,we have occurred that issue after we transfer image complete.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Try reloading the controller first and then do the upgrade again.

we have replaced the controller.
thanks
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card