Views
Helpful
Replies

work group bridge with cisco 3500

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have few cisco 3500 ap's which is to be used as work group bridge. I am not very sure but i think we need the ap to be in autonomous mode to make it a work group bridge. Currently it is running lwapp/capwap image.

Is this correct, please help with suggestions.

25 Replies 25

Thanks.

Yes the AP is directly connected to the PC and powered up by adapter.

This AP was initially attached to a 5508 controller, hence the BVI ip ( but it was assigned statically ).

Ok, i just tried removing gig0 & using BVI1, but still no luck.

sh ip int brie

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Prot

ocol

BVI1                       192.168.1.2     YES manual up                    up

Dot11Radio0                unassigned      NO  unset  up                    up

Dot11Radio1                unassigned      NO  unset  up                    up

GigabitEthernet0           unassigned      YES manual up  

Try other method as well, ie "no ip address dhcp" under BVI &  IP assinged under Gig 0

HTH

Rasika

surprisingly, after some time the BVI1 interface automatically gets the 10.82.x.x ip assigned. This ip is from the previous configuration to it via the controller.

I tried the above and re-assignedd under gig0, but it is still the same.

Will try this as well. That should help you to remove any previously assign static IPs

debug capwap console cli

write default-config

reload

int g0

ip add 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

!

ip default-gateway 192.168.1.55

Let me know

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks.

Tried this, but it still doesn't work. Either of the IP's can't reach the other.

Is it possible to share the console access to this AP with me ?. I am happy to have a look directly.

This should not be that hard & I have done multiple 3502 conversion to Autonomous without any problem.

Rasika

Sure Rasika. When do you want me to share the console via remote teamviewer.

please let me know if you are available soon. thank you

I am available next 3 hrs if you are free. (Melbourne time 3PM to 6PM). Sent you a private message  as well. You can reach me via mrncciew@gmail.com as well

Rasika

Thanks again. Ok replied to you with private message having details.

This was the summary of the issue you had

- AP was having mesh image & keep resetting. Assigning IP to Gig0 or BVI did not work to communicate with directly connected PC

- Since you did not have a WLC we could not get it convert to local mode AP & then try TFTP upload method.

- Left us only option of loading the autonomous image using MODE button & TFTP server.

Here is the summary of what we have done.

1. Download the IOS image you want to upload (ap3g1-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA2.tar) to AP

2. Rename it as "ap3g1-k9w7-tar.default"

3. Assigned your TFTP server IP (PC directly connected to AP Gig 0) from the range of 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.30/8 & gateway 10.0.0.1

4. Disconnect the power to AP & Reconnect Power while holding the MODE button.

5. Release the mode button after 20-30s,(after LED status turn RED)

6. After this point, AP has downloaded the given image from TFTP server & deleted the previous images from flash.

7. AP reboots with the Autonomous image.

Here is the reference doc we were used.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Try to follow the same procedure for any other 3502s you have (if it has mesh image & you do not have WLC to convert it to local mode AP)    

Hope that was useful to you.

Regards

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thank You Rasika.

That was really helpful & your effort is much appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card