cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Workgroup Bridge with AP1252 ?

Dennis Kline
Beginner
Beginner

I have a legacy system that uses Cisco 1220's configured as WorkGroup Bridges.  These associate to other 1220's configured as regular APs.

We are in the process of upgrading from an autonomous to a lightweight system, using Cisco 1252's in most applications.

I searched the documents, but I could not find anyplace that specifically stated that a legacy 1220 Workgroup Bridge would or would not work with a lightweight 1252 / controller based system.

I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work, but I can't find any confirmation of that either.

Any input or comments ?

.....dennis.kline@yahoo.com...(It takes an Act of God to fade a wireless path, but any fool with a backhoe can cut fiber)
1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It works. AP models are not important as they run the same standards. The question is "does lightweight APs interoperate with IOS workgroup bridges". The answer is yes, not a problem at all.

Regards,

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: