cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA Problems

steve.deal
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get my machine to authenticate when I turn on WPA or CCKM. Soon as I turn them off my machine authenticates. I am using ACU 6.2 with a pcmcia aironet 352 card, 1200 AP with IOS.

I have tried about everything I can think of to get this to work. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

plemieux72
Level 1
Level 1

There may be many different reasons. Can you summarize the config on how you are implementing WPA?

I set the AP back to factory have my card authenticating using leap to my acs server. If I go back and in the key management and set it to mandatory and check WPA. In ACU I check WPA and try to reauthenticate nothing. I even turned on the debugg that TAC said to I see no messages what so every. I am at a loss right a the moment.

Thanks

I can't really help with ACS as I am not familiar with it however, when configuring the AP using the GUI:

In Encryption Manager, make sure you use only the TKIP cipher. Also, select key 2 for transmit and clear the hex data.

In SSID Manager, select Open Authentication with EAP, and Network EAP. On the same screen, check Key Management as Mandatory and check WPA.

Provided you configured the AP to talk with the ACS server, it should work.

I also had problems setting things up in the beginning and had to resort to opening a TAC case. The Cisco engineer tested my setup in his lab and resolved my issue in very little time. You might try that as a last option.

What about WPA Pre-Shared? Don't use it first make sure ACS works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card