cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 and windows 7 64bit

seanmacaoidh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all this is my first post and hopefully someone can help me.

Here is my problem

My rooter is a WRP400

rooter firmware 2.00.26

I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit and my broadband connection is wireless winlan connection @ 5meg up and down.

When I switch on initally it runs at 5 meg but after 10 minuets or so the speed is being limited to 1 to 1.5  meg up and down.

If I plug out the rooter  for 30 seconds and then restart the rooter then I am getting back up to 5 meg.

I have checked with my ISP and during all this time my speed going to the rooter is a constant 5 meg.

I have also connected a laptop via wifi which is running windows 7 premium and this was also only connecting at 1-1.5 meg.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before?

I had win XP running and had no problems So is it Windows 7 or the setup in the rooter

kind regards

John

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your windows xp doesn't have an issue, then you have proven that it isn't an issue with XP or the router. Must be something in your windows 7 machine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for the reply

That may be so but could it be that the WRP400 is not compatable with windows 7?

This is driving me mad at the moment and short of getting a new rooter I do not know what to do.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's hard to say that it's a compatibility issue. You might just have to test with multiple windows 7 machines to see if it's consistent with all of them or maybe just one.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card