cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XOR testing 5ghz

jtpntx
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are not using FRA. I have enabled it before and things got wonky so I disabled it and am trying to test things more as I go.

So first up. I do get the XOR radio 2.4/5ghz concept. Cell in a cell...macro/micro. But testing it leaves me puzzled. 
I have a 9120.

The 802.11.a/n/ac is enable and Power lever is global.(3*)

the XOR  is set @ Serving, and 5ghz.
No matter how I try nothing will connect using XOR. I can spin up devices directly below the AP, a few feet away.. it doesn't matter. I I try Ipads, Cisco hand held phones, Laptops, chromebooks...nothing. A device will either grab the 802.11a on this 9120 or on a neighboring AP.

So for grins I disabled the 802.11a and left only the XOR enables. No difference. 

I want to test the XOR because that is something that got crazy when FRA was turned on.(I left all APs in Auto not realizing 2.4 RF Grouping included my test controller...opps)

So I'm clearly not getting the concept right?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk04696

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yeah I get that. I turned FRA off because it pretty quickly made a lot of changes not only the the AP's on the intended controller but virtually all AP's on the two other controllers as well. I didn't see that coming but since all 3 controllers were in the 2.4ghz RF Group it got them all. 
So now all the manual spacing of 2.4 radios are lost and most of the were set the 5ghz. I had to swoop through on the config and change them all back to 2.4. 
So now for my own reason I'm trying to figure out why I can get a client to hit a 5ghz XO2 radio. 

- On the controller(s) can do client debugging and have these analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/ ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card