Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9010 Mixture of Power Supply module versions

glakovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At the moment we have a chassis with 2xA9K-2KW-DC version 1 PS modules in two power enclosures. Due to some expansion of the inserted modules in the chassis, we need more than 2kW power. We have spare 2 spare PWR-4.4KW-DC-V3 with the coresponding Power enclosures.

My question is whether it is possible to have a mixture with one version 1 and one version 3 enclosure with one or several Power supply modules. I know that you may have Power supply modules with different capacity, but here I am aksing about different versions of the modules.

The other option is to migrate the current 2 power enclosures version 1 with the ones for version 3. In this case, is there a safe way to achieve it without shutting down the whole chassis? 

Georgi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to upgrade the entire power shelf and power supplies via powering down the chassis first. We do not support mixing of different versions of power supplies or different power shelves.

Sam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to upgrade the entire power shelf and power supplies via powering down the chassis first. We do not support mixing of different versions of power supplies or different power shelves.

Sam

This is a very useful information. Thank you. We will completely exchange the shelves and the PS modules to upgrade the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: