Replies

BNG and VPLS at the same line card

TajHooper
Level 1
Level 1

hello dear experts,

appreciating all your supports,

conditions:

1- we are planning to use MOD80-SE both toward core and customer at the edge of MPLS core on ASR9000.

questions:

1- is it possible to terminate PPPoE (give BNG service) and VPLS attached circuit (AC) at the same time on a single MOD80 line card?

2- is it possible to have MOD80 line card as both CE and PE facing when giving L3 and L2VPN at the same time?

best regards,,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohisaxe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use BNG session termination on one port and VPLS AC on the other port on Mod80 LC without any issues. It can also be used as both PE and CE facing when giving L3 and L2VPN services at same time. I believe you will use L2 and L3 services on different ports :)

best Wishes,

Mohit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohisaxe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use BNG session termination on one port and VPLS AC on the other port on Mod80 LC without any issues. It can also be used as both PE and CE facing when giving L3 and L2VPN services at same time. I believe you will use L2 and L3 services on different ports :)

best Wishes,

Mohit

hello dear mohisaxe,

so sorry for the late response, yes we plan to use them on separate ports and both CE and use the same line card as both customer and MPLS core facing.

just another quick question i have here:

1- as Mr. Xander's information, MOD80 line card has 2 typhoons each of them can accommodate 32K PPPOE sessions with limitation of 64K limit per line card.

2- as we have MOD160 line card with 4 typhoons, do we have the same limitation as above?

thanks for your support :)