Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring ipv6 multicast routing with VRFs

marhifer2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to activate ipv6 multicasting on a ASR9k router but I get the following error when I commit the configuration:

% Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted. Please issue 'show configuration failed' from this session to view the errors

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Router(config-pim-ipv6-if)#show configuration failed

!! SEMANTIC ERRORS: This configuration was rejected by

!! the system due to semantic errors. The individual

!! errors with each failed configuration command can be

!! found below.

multicast-routing

address-family ipv4

!

address-family ipv6

!

vrf VPN1

address-family ipv6

interface TenGigE0/0/0/2.122

!!% A SysDB client requested a function that the server or EDM does not currently support: Command not supported on this platform

enable

!!% A SysDB client requested a function that the server or EDM does not currently support: Command not supported on this platform

router pim

vrf VPN1

address-family ipv6

interface TenGigE0/0/0/2.122

enable

Could anyone help me??

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

mVPNv6 is not yet supported.

Hope that clarified,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

mVPNv6 is not yet supported.

Hope that clarified,

Ivan.

Ivan,

Thank you for your answer.

I have read this in Realese Notes 4.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/general/release/notes/reln_a9k_42.html

Multicast VPN

Cisco IOS XR Software Release 3.9.1 added support for the  Multicast VPN feature. (For IPv4 address family only - MVPNv6 is not supported  on the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers in  Cisco IOS XR Software Release 4.2). For more information on this feature, refer  to the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Router  Multicast Command Reference and the Cisco ASR 9000  Series Aggregation Services Router Multicast Configuration Guide online. 

Thank you again!