cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM script for ASR9K

Hi

I need help in an IOS-XR setup.

FWW.JPG

I have 2 Routers ASR 9K, where each is connected to a Firewall. FW pair work in Active Standby Setup. The Router which is connected to Active FW receives the ARP for the virtual IP of the FW pair and the other one doesn't.

My objective is that the Router which is connected to the Active FW (the one which gets a particular IP in the ARP table as dynamic), should start advertising a default route.

I wanted to use EEM script (because we can only do the config on Routers and not on the FW), where EEM can track the presence of virtual IP in ARP table and also the presence of static route and take an action accordingly.

There could be 4 options for the script to track and act:

i) If virtual IP is there in the output of sh arp command, and static route is not present then configure a default static route.

ii) If virtual IP is there in output of sh arp command and static route is already present then take no action.

iii)  If virtual IP is not there in output of sh arp command and static route is already present, then remove the static route.

iv) if  If virtual IP is not there in output of sh arp command and static route is not present then take no action.

I know a little about EEM applets, but I guess the above work can be done in a TCL script only.

Any suggestions/Ideas or scripts would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Jaideep

0 Replies 0