cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A router's example of configuration 2820 with two connections to Internet

fran
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router 2821 with two interfaces Ethernet connected to two routers ADSL connected to Internet and a card VIC of four ports connected to the Lan I need a configuration type of this case.

Some users have to go out to Internet for a connection ADSL and the rest for other.

5 Replies 5

nathan.deane
Level 1
Level 1

Where does the ADSL connection go to that is not connecting to internet ?

A default route will be configured on the 2821 pointing to the internet connection and i guess some kind of static route for a network or single ip towards the other.

more details plse

Nathan

The two external connections are for Internet.

The interface Gigabit 0/0 IP connects to Internet with the direction 83,175,204,2 mask 255,255,255,224 and gateway 83,175,204,1

The interface Gigabyt 0/1 IP connects to Internet with the direction 83,175,223,130 mask 255,255,255,240 and gateway 83,175,223,129

Two connections are to Internet.

This team must make dynamic and static nat

The interface Vlan1 with direction IP 171,32,254,1 mask 255,255,0,0 IP connects with another router with direction 171,32,254,4 that he connects to all of the users of the net

Some users must use an exit to Internet and the rest they must use the other

So there is 3 routers in this set-up.

2 for internet connectivity and 1 for some kind of WAn connectioin

sorry this doe snot sound clear....some kind of network diagram would be usefull

The connection teams to Internet of the supplier of services behave like bridges no router.

The parameters of the teams of Internet can not be modified

From looking at that diagram it looks as thou the middle router is not nessesary and you could plug the lan switch straight into the 2821.

If you want to spread internet traffic over both links then you can use per packet load balancing or per destination loadbalancing.

sorry for the vague answer but to be honest i am not understanding entirley what you atre trying to do... could you try and word it in a different way

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card