cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Headset 730 beeping after upgrade

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I updated my Cisco headset a few days to 1-9-0-88 and now I get a "random" beeping noise.  It is almost like it when I am talking the beep occurs but I am not sure if there is any pattern.

Anyone else have any similar issues?

Thanks,

Joe

16 Replies 16

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not yet. It beeps when you change volume, I wonder if one of the buttons is broken. Other than that, due to its ability to pair to multiple things maybe something else it has paired with is making that sound?

@Adam Pawlowski wrote:

Not yet. It beeps when you change volume, I wonder if one of the buttons is broken. Other than that, due to its ability to pair to multiple things maybe something else it has paired with is making that sound?

looks like you just need to clean the buttons with alcohol

Snoopy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the Cisco Headsets app on your mobile phone to check the audible notification settings.

1. Launch the Cisco Headsets app.

2. Select Settings > Audible notifications.

3. Look for the "Tone" setting in the following notification options:

• Low battery
  • Headset on
  • Headset off
  • Calls
    • Call Ended
    • First Incoming Call
    • Secondary Incoming Call
  • Mute
    • Mute & Unmute
    • Mute Reminder
  • NC and AMB

Depending on the audio notification setting, if the headset is low on battery, you may hear a beep from time to time.

Another possibility is that mute is on during the call and the "beep" serves as a reminder that mute is on.

As a test, select the Voice or No notification option instead of Tone for the audible notifications and check whether the beep still occurs. 

None of them are set for Tone, only Voice.

Also want to clarify it only happens a when I am on a call.

robmalc
Level 1
Level 1

Mine has started this as well - the red lights also flash on the headset at the same time?

In fact - it seems to be when I'm speaking that it triggers - perhaps there's a audio limit triggering? Very frustrating and distracting!

And it's only during MS Teams calls. Webex direct is fine.

Exact same symptoms.

I'm going to upgrade mine now and see if I get the crazy disco.

When the cable is plugged in- perfect. Running from the USB dongle is very bad.

Any updates?  Are you having the same issues after your upgrade?

Yes and I’ve worked out it’s when I’m on a Microsoft Teams call over the USB dongle. Doesn’t beep When wired?

smeiki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have the same issue, but also when talking in webex meetings and webex phone calls. It's really annoying, loud and randomly choosing 2 or 3 beeps. My audible notifications are also voice only. 

I found this in another post from #sslominski:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-devices/after-update-of-headset-730-i-have-an-intermittend-beeping-sound/m-p/4635906
"just realized that this beeping sound on my 730 is caused by automatic volume adjustment under Audio settings in Webex app...
disabled this option and the beeping is gone"
I'll try this...