cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset 730 Firmware Release 2.2(1.7) availability

tapani.luolamo
Level 1
Level 1

In the software download page I can see there suppose to be a new firmware released on May 19th. Now this is not available through Accessory Tool, and the ZIP file actually contains the old 2.2(1.6) version. Was hoping to install this to see if this release will fix the microphone pickup range issue I mentioned in another post.

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

The current firmware, released on May 19th on CCO is 2.2(1.7). If you open the ZIP file, you will see sunkist-1-6-0-162-EN.bin.ptc, this is the upgrade file that you're looking for. On upgrade.cisco.com/accessories, you will see the same version. Please upgrade to this version. 

Just a reminders that you can also upgrade using your mobile app. 

Thank you for your support. My mobile does not offer any firmware upgrade and with ugrade.cisco.com/accessories it also says "Your Headset Firmware (1-6-0-162)is up to date.". If I choose to "Load file from your PC" and select the sunkist-1-6-0-162-EN.bin.ptc, which is part of the cmterm-headset.2-2-0001-7.zip file, I get a notification "upgrade.cisco.com says: the local binary firmware version is same as device." and the Start Update button remains grayed out. 

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

So that means that you're running the latest available firmware. 

tapani.luolamo
Level 1
Level 1

So, actually the May 19th released 2.2(1.7) version is the same as the 2.2(1.6) version which my headset already has? Have to say I'm a bit puzzled with your release numbering then... Have to say was hoping for never release especially due the microphone pickup range issue that these headsets have and make them unusable in Webex calls.

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where are you seeing 2.2(1.6)? 

If you download the zip file from CCO (cmterm-headset.2-2-0001-7.zip), these are the files that you get: 

2021-05-24 09_27_40-cmterm-headset.2-2-0001-7.png

This is what the zip file bundle contains. And the actual firmware version for the headset itself is 1-6-0-162

Thank you for this clarification, now I understand how the version numbering works. But simply can then that I will need to wait for possible correction to the microphone pickup issue we are experiencing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: