Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset issues

hbobeck87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I recently purchased a headset for use in my upcoming online/work from home jobs. I wanted something that would last and my brother recommended cisco and said it works as soon as you plug it into the computer.  That has... not been the case.

I have a Cisco Headset 561 with Multi Standard base  - and my laptop doesn't seem to even recognize it in the usb port.

I went through a lot of support materials and troubleshooting articles and can't find anything that helps.  Is this not compatible with anything other than Cisco?

I've looked at Jabber as well but the general one didn't seem to help and Cisco Jabber is super expensive

If anyone can help make this work I would be forever grateful!

H

3 Replies 3

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/Headsets/Compatibility_Guide/n500_b_headset-compatibility.html

It does list Teams and Skype as compatible soft clients as well.

However I would think your PC would recognize it as a connected USB device.  Have you checked the Device Manager to see if the PC recognizes it?  Try a different USB port?  Try plugging it in and then booting your PC.

What application do you plan to use the headset with?

chris.hazlitt
Level 1
Level 1

Does it work on another device? Does it show in Device Manager? 

Check the USB adapter connecting to another PC and check whether it installs USB drivers and work or not. If not then raise a case with Cisco if smartnet is purchased with that.