cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can multiple participants share their screen during a Webex meeting?

katie.rasmussen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

In Webex, can you enable 2 participants in a meeting to share their screens at the same time? I would like to host a meeting and allow 2 Team members to share their screens at the same time to show two different takes on a topic & want to display their info to our broader team via Webex so you can see them together. Is that possible? I only see screen share in WebEx where 1 participant can share their screen- but not multiple at the same time. Please let me know if anyone knows the solve or workaround for this.

Thank you for your help! -Katie 

1 Accepted Solution

grejacob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Webex allows for 1 person to share at a time.  A possible work around would be to fire up 2 Webex Meetings at the same time and have the team put the meetings side by side.  Tip: make sure everyone joins audio only in 1 meeting (same meeting for all).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

In Webex, can you enable 2 participants in a meeting to share their screens at the same time? I would like to host a meeting and allow 2 Team members to share their screens at the same time to show two different takes on a topic & want to display their info to our broader team via Webex so you can see them together. Is that possible? I only see screen share in WebEx where 1 participant can share their screen- but not multiple at the same time. Please let me know if anyone knows the solve or workaround for this.

Mark.taylor1
Level 1
Level 1

This would be a great feature to add... especially as a competitor that rhymes with "room" has it.  Sharing multiple screens from one presenter, or multiple presenters... I have had this request from several of my teams.  The side by side comparison... would be awesome.

Unless the feature is turned off at a Corporate or Host level the capability is already built into Webex.  Multiple attendees may share and multiple screens may be shared within a Webex Meeting.  No sense of going to another 'room' and stay with with the leader that includes built in Security from day 1 and all the features and functionalities that makes Virtual Meetings experience 10x greater.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX49410/Do-Webex-Meetings-Support-Multiple-Monitors (Multiple Monitors)

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nf68q3d/Share-Content-in-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Best-Practices (Share - Best Practices)

Zoom has this feature. Looking for the same feature in Webex https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000424286-Sharing-multiple-screens-simultaneously

@grejacob - The links you provided go to information on how to share but still only lets only 1 person share at a time.  The request was for 2 people to be able to share simultaneously in the same meeting.  I have not seen this as a feature in Webex yet but agree it could be useful.

Response Signature

grejacob
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Webex allows for 1 person to share at a time.  A possible work around would be to fire up 2 Webex Meetings at the same time and have the team put the meetings side by side.  Tip: make sure everyone joins audio only in 1 meeting (same meeting for all).

Even the free gaming chat application, Discord, has this feature. It strikes me as insane that Webex doesn't offer something so useful, especially when its free competition has been offering it for a while now. We have Webex Pro Meetings and we often use the free Discord server we spun up instead. 

Thanks for your response! I tried this as a solution and it did not work for us since at least 1 user would have to be logged in twice to the same Webex session which the system doesn't seem to allow you to do. We tried using two different browsers, but that created a separate round of issues since the audio would not link across the different browsers because the system detected the same user logged in multiple times. Thoughts? I'd like to do this remotely but I think the solution you shared below only works if we were all in the same conference room together.