cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Employee's Favorite Feature of the Month: Messaging

Erin Breitsprecher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keeping teams engaged, informed, and organized is crucial for working efficiently, but it can be hard to bring everyone together to collaborate effectively. We use group messaging on Webex to ensure that our teams can keep work moving, regardless of how we work, when we work, or changing priorities.

Whether we're trying to connect with teams halfway around the globe or simply returning to a conversation when it's convenient, messaging in Webex is crucial in facilitating collaboration. We create and leverage group spaces to enable our cross-functional teams to understand how our projects progress and keep everyone in the loop by updating them simultaneously in the space. If we're on different calls or need to tend to something else, we can. Messaging doesn't require real-time participation, notetaking, or getting recaps from colleagues—everything is saved in the space. We can even give quick feedback by using emoji reactions like a thumbs up!

How do YOU and your teams use messaging in Webex? What's the most helpful messaging feature for working more efficiently? Any messaging tips or tricks you want to share? We want to know! By responding to this post, you will be entered into a random giveaway for some Webex swag!

More about messaging in Webex 

Keep your team and other collaborators in the loop by bringing everyone together in spaces. Instead of tracking down teammates, you can communicate to the masses in one space to make work more efficient. Organize project details, pin messages for easy access, and more while working on your time—all the messages will be there when you're ready.

Get started by creating a group space and sending your first message. Need help? Take a deep dive into everything you need to know.

33 Replies 33

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have integrated Webex with our Cisco Unified Contact Center Express system.

The contact centre scripts post alerts about calls that have been queuing for more than a configured time and also post details of any abandoned calls in spaces specific to the contact centre agents.

It encourages agents to go ready and take calls at busy times and improved service during Covid when agents were working remotely.

We use Webex for almost all communication, when not in the same room.

Sets up spaces for collaboration when troubleshooting, including all stakeholders.

And a large number of spaces, for informal exchange between  team members.

fortvald

sfc9982
Level 1
Level 1

Webex makes our team much more effective since we can communicate asynchronously as we work on projects and coordinate support for our District.

We created a Space that we use for IT Alerts that has all Central Support Members and Help Desk Staff included. When an issue arises on our network, in District Apps or other network/system services; it is posted in the IT Alerts space. This ensures all key staff are aware of the issue and response is quick to begin work on resolving the issue.

We also have Webex integrated with our Learning Management System and teachers are using it for Classroom Collaboration. It lets them create groups of students that work on class projects. We have blocked the browser access to Web.webex.com on all student devices so they can only access it through the LMS which helps our staff to ensure conversations are appropriate and help to foster another learning option.

Personally I use this also to have conversations with Cisco contacts and other customers. It also lets us easily change to a Webex Meeting if needed.

throwing out  questions i spaces with coworkers, if often leads to good and quick answers

fortvald

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

For our University it's a great secure way for students to communicate and work together on projects or assignments. We also actively promote it as a tool for students to keep in touch with each other during their studies, they don't need to share their mobile number or other social media accounts so don't feel pressured to share their entire personal life with fellow students. Of course being multi-platform and mobile you can have Messaging with you wherever you are, whether that be in the classroom, out for a walk, in the student union or bar

Thank you for your input, @Roray Stewart! I also find that having the ability to use Webex whenever it's convenient for me, no matter where I am, helps me stay up-to-date on projects and keeps me connected with my coworkers.

parklandcollege
Level 1
Level 1

Webex has been our go to for communication among our teams. The ability to create spaces specific to projects and loop in all those inter-departmental members that are required to make it a success is a must. Add in the ability to easily share and collaborate on documents and you have a comprehensive space for everything project related. GIFs, Markdown, Google Drive, and OneDrive integrations are extensively used throughout all of our collaboration.

Access to global communities is great. Asking questions and very quickly getting a response from numerous participants is something that goes beyond the standard community forum format. The extensibility of the platform through the use of API's is a game changer allowing for almost limitless channels of communications, automations, and integrations. Our LMS integration has been pivotal in making it the hub of all asynchronous and synchronous learning with recording workflows seamlessly flowing back into a course for student consumption. It is the tight integration and ease of use that really drive the use of Webex due to the interaction within an already used learning tool.

Internally we have been able to expand the reach of Webex through the development of a bot for SMS. Driven by the goal of creating communication with end-users without requiring an app or data, the use of this bot allows our students to message a program-specific number and include an optional tag to reach either a generally monitored space or specific instructor. The use of cards for quick interactions for help and communication and for the display of MMS content makes the communication richer. The bot also provides the ability to create and manage contact lists and groups for sending messages in bulk with the option to schedule the message send at a later date and time. Finally, automatic responses to certain information is facilitated through a set of hashtag words.

Webex has really become the center of virtually all of our communication.

@parklandcollege Thanks for sharing your experience with Webex and how your team creates spaces to collaborate more effectively! I personally use the integration with OneDrive to keep my project-related files organized and easily accessible within spaces. It's saved me a lot of time from having to bookmark file paths in my internet browser, or looking through shared folders outside of the Webex app.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We conduct team and vendor meetings with Webex. 

We like the option to share screen and it is very useful, particularly troubleshooting. 

Would be nice to have a <strike> option.  

@Leo Laohoo thank you for sharing how you leverage Webex to stay connected as a team and meet with vendors!

ccie29824
Level 1
Level 1

Great

CCIEx3 #29824 JNCIE #2197 VCIX

@ccie29824 thank you for your feedback!

hok
Level 1
Level 1

One of the helpful messaging feature for working more efficiently for our team is the ability to collaborate in real-time and beyond meetings as collaboration can take place before, during and after meetings! Teams can leverage spaces to better organize around the work or project as well and all can be done with people internal or external of our organization.

@hok these are great points! Thank you for sharing how your team leverages spaces for better organization and more effective collaboration!

lpersing
Level 1
Level 1

We are just starting to use Webex as a messaging platform, we are a heavy Jabber usage team. Right out of the gate the greatest feature is spaces. It's going to start taking the place of meeting after meeting after meeting, so less time waiting around for everyone to arrive for a meeting when they anyone can quickly update. Less meeting time is more efficiency and more work completed.

@lpersing thanks for sharing your experience with using messaging features to connect with your team and more efficiently communicate updates! I personally feel more organized having all of the information within spaces - I can easily refer back to it later on and there's no need to take notes.

jeffrey.moura1
Level 1
Level 1

i love messaging because it allow us to use 'apps' in spaces

@jeffrey.moura1 thank you for sharing your feedback! I agree, the use of apps in spaces helps our team save time from having to toggle back and forth between browser tabs or other applications. It's nice having everything in one place!

We have a team for delivery .. under this team we have spaces fro each projects. It gives visibility for my managers regrading  the ongoing projects.

Project space we use for discussions. Than sending mail, we use the space to share things..

Apart from the above, i manage my TAC cases using TAC bot integrations.

RSS bots for RSS feeds

We have a collaborations and Security space for The gulf region where we share latest updates, events,  i even share  my person blogs in this space..

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal thank you for sharing how your team uses spaces to organize projects and communicate more efficiently!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.