Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC software install failed due to TPM State Disabled

aymen.khelifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dears, 

i have an APIC M2 server that i intend to install APIC software in it it's running 3.0(4e) CIMC version and i want to install APIC 3.1.2o (aci-apic-dk9.3.1.2o.iso)

the APIC software installation failed after some research i realized that it was due to TPM module configuration.

when i checked the server Bios Configuration and go to the Advanced > Trusted Computing i found that TPM Support is enabled but TPM State is disabled and grayed out so i cannot change it.

i tried rebooting the server, disabling the TPM support and enabling it but with no success. 

is there any solution to enable the TPM module for the APIC to complete the install.

you help will be appreciated . 

best regards .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aiesam,

The only solution for this situation is to open a service request with CISCO and they will send RMA to fix this

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you've set an Administrator password for the BIOS.  If you don't have one assigned, you can't enable TPM.  

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C240/install/C240/replace.html#wp1329958

Robert

aymen.khelifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert, 

thank you for your reply.

that was very helpful.

i've set the Bios Administrator password and i activated the TPM module 

i will try to reinstall apic software and update back with the results 

That's what we're here for!  Let us know the results.

Robert

hi Robert,

still can't install the APIC software on the APIC-M2 server 

i think it's still related to a TPM issue 

please find attached the screenshot 

What's the status of the TPM showing in the BIOS?  Enabled & Owned?

Robert

the TPM status is enabled /activated /owned as indicated in the screenshot

aymen.khelifi
Level 1
Level 1

could it be a firmware issue ? because the server is running 3.0(4e) CIMC version and i'm trying to install APIC 3.1.2o (aci-apic-dk9.3.1.2o.iso) i didn't bother to look at compatibility at first because i have the same cimc and apic version combination working in another apic. 

when i looked to the apic 3.1.2 release note it supports the following firmware:

—     2.0(3i) CIMC HUU ISO

—     2.0(9c) CIMC HUU ISO

—     2.0(13i) CIMC HUU ISO

now I'm downgrading the firmware and i hope it works 

You can give it a try.  If it still fails you'll likely need to contact TAC and have them re-provision your TPM.  

Robert

Hi robert, 

the TPM state changed to disabled/deactivated/unowned after i downgraded the firmware to 2.0(9c)

unfortunately i cannot open TAC because this is an old APIC for lab environment and i don't have active support contract. 

do you have any other trics to go on with this install ? 

you help will be appreciated

Unicast me and I'll see what I can do.

Robert

hi

i have a old apic-m2 for lab and have the same problem too, would you please give me some help ?

apic version 2.3.1f and 3.2.9h

huu version ucs-c220m4-huu-4.0.2g.iso

微信图片_20211102093709.png微信图片_20211102093719.png

did you find a solution to this?

Hi Aiesam,

The only solution for this situation is to open a service request with CISCO and they will send RMA to fix this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License