Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE Issue accessing SAP applications through ACE appliance

Hi,

I have website whose VIP resides on my ACE appliance. That site has many links on it which are SAP applications.

For one link, when i click it first time, user is asked for authentication which is not  actually required and get blank page.

When I click back (go to main site again) and again click the same link, it opens normally without any authentication prompt.

Rest all links on the site have no issues and open normally.

I had same issue with acceptance for same application and below parameter map resolved the issue

parameter-map type http case_param

case-insensitive

persistence-rebalance

set header-maxparse-length 65535

set content-maxparse-length 65535

length-exceed continue

I tried using same parameter map with persistance rebalance disbaled but still it does not work.

What could be the issue in this case?

3 Replies 3

Alex Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is too little information to hazard a guess as to what is occurring. I would recommend finding a application flow diagram of your particular SAP application to determine how it is "supposed" to function from a TCP flow perspective. Once you have a thorough understanding of how the applicaiton is design to work, then look at what is occuring on the wire. Compare what should happen to what is actually happening. Get a simultaneous packet capture of the traffic on the ACE and the client while the issue is occurring. Analyze the capture to find the why the issue is happening.

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

The SAP has front end server to which ACE is sending traffic dstined to particular VIP. front end server then communicates with backend server for all date related to all applications. When client is using different applications, url in browser remains the same. All applications are working fine except this single application.

same setup is working fine with cisco CSS and even the accepatnce is working fine for same set of applications.

I am getting bad tcp checksum messges in capture output.

10.38.199.196 is client IP....10.36.64.40 is VIP and , 10.36.64.86 is nat ip  and 10.36.32.55 is front end server which is user interface to various applications

Is ACE having some known issues when accessing portals which provides different links to users?

I am facing issues where portal provides different links to users . Users can reach the portal but when links on that portal are clicked, nothing happens and i get back to portal again.

like if i type, abc.com/xyz, i get the correct page but if i first go to abc.com and click link for xyz, i get back to abc.com  instead of going to abc.com/xyz.

Can someone help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: