cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSm to ACE single sticky group migration

tporembski
Level 1
Level 1

Please see the attached file for current CSm configuration.  I am trying to migrate this to an ACE30 and wondering if there is anyway on the ACE to perform the same sticky configuration.  As a background  the proxy guys were having web authentication issues because we first configured the CSM to have a separate sticky group for each vserver.  But they noticed the same source could be stuck to a different server based on if they access it via http or 443 or 8080.  So to fix that we created one sticky group and assigned it to all the vservers.  Now I need to know can I perform the same function on the ACE.  Again see attachment for current CSM config and please give example of what ACE would look like, if this is even possible.

Thank you

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

The same is possible in ACE as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

Please refer the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA2_3_0/configuration/slb/guide/sticky.html

You  can configure the same sticky group in multiple policies or virtual  servers. In that case, the sticky behavior applies to all connections to  any of those policies or class maps.

These connections are referred to  as buddy connections.

because, if you  configure both policy or class map 1 and 2 with the same sticky group, a  client stuck to server A through policy or class map 1 will also be  stuck to the same server A through policy or class map 2.

If you associate the same sticky group with  multiple policies, it is very important to make sure that all the  policies use either the same server farm or different server farms with  the same servers in them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

The same is possible in ACE as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

Please refer the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA2_3_0/configuration/slb/guide/sticky.html

You  can configure the same sticky group in multiple policies or virtual  servers. In that case, the sticky behavior applies to all connections to  any of those policies or class maps.

These connections are referred to  as buddy connections.

because, if you  configure both policy or class map 1 and 2 with the same sticky group, a  client stuck to server A through policy or class map 1 will also be  stuck to the same server A through policy or class map 2.

If you associate the same sticky group with  multiple policies, it is very important to make sure that all the  policies use either the same server farm or different server farms with  the same servers in them.

Thank you.  I am running 4.2.3 code so wasn't looking at any new features in newer code.  I'll have to upgrade in order to utilize buddy groups.

Thanks

Tony.