Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS page redirection on same VIP

Glenn R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get a CSS to redirect to a different page on the same VIP. What I have got so far is

owner MW-WEB

content mw-web-redir
    vip address 192.168.0.25
    redirect "//logit/mw/index.do"
    port 80
    protocol tcp
    url "/*"

active

content mw-web
    vip address 192.168.0.25
    add service WEB1LV
    add service WEB2LV
    port 80
    protocol tcp
    advanced-balance sticky-srcip

url "//logit/mw/index.do"
    active

While this works it takes a at least 20 seconds before the index page starts to load as if there is some loop delay in processing the request. What I need to know is am I doing this correctly and/or is there another way to achive the same action with better performance results.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Glen-

I would have to see what objects your client is requesting, if you had a true loop, no page would be displayed at all.  What I would think... You client is going to request more than just 1 object (get the container page, then request css, scripts, images, etc.)  Each of those requests is probably being caught by the redirect rule.  I would guess that your configuration is not really setup exactly how it should be, but its hard to know without a sniffer trace.  Can you post a quick trace for me? email it to chrhiggi@cisco.com if you don't want to publicly post it.

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Cisco ANS Escalation

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Glen-

I would have to see what objects your client is requesting, if you had a true loop, no page would be displayed at all.  What I would think... You client is going to request more than just 1 object (get the container page, then request css, scripts, images, etc.)  Each of those requests is probably being caught by the redirect rule.  I would guess that your configuration is not really setup exactly how it should be, but its hard to know without a sniffer trace.  Can you post a quick trace for me? email it to chrhiggi@cisco.com if you don't want to publicly post it.

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Cisco ANS Escalation

Glenn R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Clicked the wrong button there....

The entire site is installed in the wm folder so all css/html/images/scripts etc are located in that folder. I have asked our web team to change the site root to make thing easier but they are not used to Apache and do not know if this will affect the site in anyway. So I have tried to make theur life easier and do the redirect on the css

Hope that gives you a bit mor einformation