Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11500 - balancing upon src IP

k.lapczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My question is: is it possible and how, to balance upon the src IP address of the client. I mean some of the src addresses (for example: 192.168.100.0/24) are always using service1 and service 2 on VIP, and some others (192.168.200.0/24) service3. As I know, balance and advanced balance cannot do it (this is not configurable algorithm).

Regards,

Krzysztof

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Krzysztof

Yes you can load balance on the source ip address of the client. Here is a link that explains all the possible load balancing alogorithms you can use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801579f2.html#wp1038118

HTH

Hi,

No, I dont't think it is written down there.

I need to configure the CSS so every time there is connection from the 192.168.0.0/24 client, it is redirected to one server group, and when from 192.168.1.0/24 it is redirected to another group. The addresses are just an example.

Krzysztof

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Krzysztof,

not sure what is the purpose of such a design.

Anyway, there is way to achieve this using ACL.

You have to match the source and use the option 'prefer '

But you can only select 1 service.

You could have 2 services in the content rule and let the traffic be loadbalanced between the 2 by default and for some sources use the prefer option to select a 3rd service.

Gilles.