Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS4492 with two view of a domain

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a domain with two view, internal/external, I want put gss4492 to join this domain.

is gss4492 can point to both view?

for example, if I have two css11506s VIP with is 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 for internal view and 3.3.3.3 and 4.4.4.4 for external view, both them share load or just DR for DNS test.mydomian,

how can I configure GSS4492 for internal view and external view to match our dns server's internal view and external view?

do I have to get two GSS4492? for this?

Any comments will be apprecaited

thanks in advance

julxu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Casotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello julxu,

if you are able to distinguish internal and external clients based on source IP addresses then you can probably achieve the desired behavior by using one or two source-address-list to differentiate among 2 rules handling the same domains but with different answer-groups and answers associated.

See here for source address lists:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/gss4400series/v3.1.1/configuration/cli/gslb/guide/SALs.html

Hope it helps,

Francesco

View solution in original post

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
5 Replies 5

Francesco Casotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello julxu,

if you are able to distinguish internal and external clients based on source IP addresses then you can probably achieve the desired behavior by using one or two source-address-list to differentiate among 2 rules handling the same domains but with different answer-groups and answers associated.

See here for source address lists:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/gss4400series/v3.1.1/configuration/cli/gslb/guide/SALs.html

Hope it helps,

Francesco

Hi Francesco

great thanks for give me this url.

However, I can not get this file for some reason. if it is pdf file, could you please attach it here?

Many Regards

Julxu

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doc attached.

more problems:

#install gss-4.1.3.0.4-k9.upg

File:     gss-4.1.3.0.4-k9.upg

Size:     214845481

Md5sum.....

Proceed with install (the device will reboot)? (y/n): y

performing software install. This will take a few minutes.

If you close this session, the installation will still complete.

[FAILED]

This version of GSS software only supported on 4492 hardware..

#sh ver

Global Site Selector (GSS)

Model Number:  GSS-4492-k9

Copyright......

Version 3.0(2)

I have 4492r, but the upgrade software said I have not?!. my previous one is: gss-3.0.2.0.0-k9.upg.

Please advice

Julxu

Can you post the output of "show inventory"?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card