Views
Helpful
Replies

nat server configuration for CSM and ACE module

f.makarenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am in the process of migration from CSM module to ACE and I do have a question

regarding "nat server" functionality. I.e. for CSM module there is certain serverfarm

configuration:

serverfarm MID

nat server

nat client MID

predictor leastconns

real 10.36.9.135 80

inservice

real 10.36.9.136 80

inservice

real 10.36.9.137 80

inservice

probe MID80

probe MIDPG

There are two NATs configured: "server nat" and "client nat" with natpool. There is no problem

with client nat configuration for ACE module. It is a quite easy to configure the same for ACE.

But - how to configure something like "nat server" on ACE module?

It seems like "nat server" is enabled by default on CSM module (that's is why it exists for every

serverfarm in CSM config).

Is it enabled by default on ACE also? Actually I did no found any mention about in manuals.

Could you help me and provide any example how to configure "nat server" or convert this part

of configuration for ACE module?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess you have misinterpreted "nat server" on CSM.

this command only conclude that destination IP  address for the connection (i.e. VIP) has to be change when forwarding the same connection to any real server (change VIP to real server IP and real server IP back to VIP for reply connection).

this is default setting in CSM (but still visible) and default on ACE (but not visible).

there are cases where in you do not want the NAT of VIP to server IP and vice versa (IPSEC load balancing for e.g.) then in CSM you can use "no nat server" while on ACE you use "transparent"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess you have misinterpreted "nat server" on CSM.

this command only conclude that destination IP  address for the connection (i.e. VIP) has to be change when forwarding the same connection to any real server (change VIP to real server IP and real server IP back to VIP for reply connection).

this is default setting in CSM (but still visible) and default on ACE (but not visible).

there are cases where in you do not want the NAT of VIP to server IP and vice versa (IPSEC load balancing for e.g.) then in CSM you can use "no nat server" while on ACE you use "transparent"

f.makarenko
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this, Gaurav.