cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OIDs used by WAAS Central Manager and WAE

axa-wongjeff
Level 1
Level 1

My operations staff put in a suggestion where they would like the many graphs provided by the CM and WAE device onto a single web page.  This will allow them a single glance of the overall health of the WAAS environment.

My plan is to gather the SNMP OIDs used by the CM and the internal WAE graphing and duplicate the SNMP monitoring on my RRDtool backend server. I would then create a single web page for my operations staff displaying the same statistics graph. For example, the WAE internal MRTG CPU and connection statistics graphs are very helpful as indicated by the staff.

Instead of reinventing the wheel and doing an snmpwalk on the WAE devices, is there a document that lists the OIDs used by the CM and the WAE graphs? 

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AFAIK the CM is getting the stats from the accelerators through HTTPS and not SNMP so I'm not aware of such a list.

If it is possible to do so, I would advise you to use the SOAP XML API of the CM as I believe it will give you the proper input for you to populate your graphs without having to access all of your devices.

You can find more info on what you can do with it from the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v431/api/reference/guide/ws431api.html

Regards,

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: