cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.1c - Optimized CIFS Sessions

kmr
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 remote devices. Using the CM and looking at Dsshboard > Devices > Device1, then the Acceleration tab, I see "Insufficient data to plot the chart" for Optimized CIFS Sessions. I've got 25+ users at one location, and 3 users at the other. Shouldn't I see something about CIFS optimization? Something wrong with the report? Some other cli or something to verify the device is operating properly?

EDIT: both devices indicate insufficient information to plot the chart.

5 Replies 5

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Try changing time period to last hour. Also make sure your cifs AO is running. Telnet to the WAEs and perform a 'show accelerator CIFS". Make sure it is running.

In addition if this is a new deployment users need to reconnect to CIFS servers in order to experience optimization. WAAS optimizes session based traffic upon receipt of a SYN

In addition to what Robert listed, use NTP on all your devices and validate that time is synchronized between WAEs and CM. If the time isn't synched, the reports won't show.

Dan

sho cifs accellerator:

Accelerator Licensed Config State Operational State

----------- -------- ------------ -----------------

cifs Yes Enabled Running

Changed report to "last hour", no change in report.

Verified NTP server is the same for all devices (perimeter data router). Time and timezone is accurate for all devices. Anything else I can check?

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the other reports working ok? If you look at the overall traffic, does WAFS show up with traffic there as well?

Do you see entries in your connections that are using the CIFS AO? Try copying a couple of large files and validate it's using CIFS AO and then see if you get something in the graphes.

Thanks,

Dan

Whilst working on "other reports" I inadvertently added a second chart for Acceleration - CIFS - Optimized CIFS Session Count. This second chart does show information. I now have 2 of these charts. One indicates insufficient data, and the other chart shows 30-40 optimized CIFS sessions.

Go figure?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: