Views
Helpful
Replies

WAASX not registering with CM

abithbasha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

we have recently installed a Cisco 891F-K9, the router is working fine and WAAS Express is optimizing the traffic, however the Cisco 891F-K9 is not registering with our Central Manager, the Cisco 891F-K9 has 15.3(3)M5/2.0.0 and Central Manager has 15.3(3)M5/2.0.0 Firmware. The branch router can ping the Central manager IP and telnet the central manager IP from branch router on 443

MEA-KE-NAI-RT01#telnet 10.x.x.x 443
Trying 10.x.x.x, 443 ... Open

Any suggestion how to bring the WAAS Express online on CM

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most then likely due to CSCus70116

As from 15.3(3)M5, IOS stopped accepting SSLv3 connections and this is the only option used by the CM if you are running an affected version on the WAAS side.

To overcome this, you can either downgrade your router to 15.3(3)M4 or upgrade your CM to at least 5.5.3 where it is fixed.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

Can you check you have properly defined the WAAS-X credentials on the CM?

"My WAN > Device Groups > AllWAASExpressGroup" > "Admin > WAAS Express Credentials"

If so, I would start looking at the logs on your CM to see why it is unable to communicate properly with the router.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

please see thhe link below to previous post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12271886/waas-express-registration

HTH

Richard

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

One thing you also need to test, if you're doing the registration from the CM side, is whether the CM can reach the router through SSH, as the CM "logs" into the router to perform the registration.

Or you could be hitting this Bug : https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo45126

The bug is unsolved to my knowledge, and is present in several versions.

There is a circumvention in the bug text.

Best Regards

Finn

Hi again,

Forgot to write that reloading the CM also resolves the problem (described in the BUG).

Finn

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most then likely due to CSCus70116

As from 15.3(3)M5, IOS stopped accepting SSLv3 connections and this is the only option used by the CM if you are running an affected version on the WAAS side.

To overcome this, you can either downgrade your router to 15.3(3)M4 or upgrade your CM to at least 5.5.3 where it is fixed.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Niocolas,

I have upgraded our Central Manager Version to : oe594-5.5.5.16 and reloaded the CM and the Cisco 891F-K9 with new IOS c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M4.bin

Then tried with registering the WAAS Express with CM but the page is staying with below "pending Status"

Device Name Sort ascendingServicesIP AddressManagement StatusDevice StatusLocationSoftware VersionDevice TypeLicense StatusAkamai Connect
MEA-KE-NAI-RT01WAAS Express10.100.5.3Pending
MEA-KE-NAI-RT01-location15.4(3)M4/2.0.0Cisco (C891F-K9)Active
Not Supported 

Can you check you have properly defined the WAAS-X credentials on the CM?

"My WAN > Device Groups > AllWAASExpressGroup" > "Admin > WAAS Express Credentials"

If so, I would start looking at the logs on your CM to see why it is unable to communicate properly with the router.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Out router was using Radius so I used an radius account and it got successful registration after the Firmware and IOS upgrade.

Thanks for your time and support on this matter