Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding bookings to TC or CE based Endpoints

Jannik Hochfeld
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to add a Meeting to Codecs based on TC or CE Firmware. I would like to use the solution the TMS or CTM are using to add a OBTP to the Touch Panel. We want to use a self written meetingroom booking tool. A booked meeting should have the option of a adding a telepresence meeting to the booking. Then the tool would add a OBTP to the TP Device placed in the room. The dialed number should be defined by the user himself when booking the meeting or automatically be created via the tool. It would use a predefined pool of numbers that would be defined on conductor.

Is there a way to use the API that TMS and CTM are using?

Kind Regards,

Jannik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jamesadams_66
Level 4
Level 4

You definitely want to use TMS Bookings API. That's the best (and only supported) path, but it does come with certain limitations, like for example you cant book remote endpoints that TMS cannot reach and as its not officially supported you might find things would break from release-to-release without any notice and nothing published... thats always the risk when using private APIs....  That said, CDW did a little work on this and found out its feasible on a small scale.

take a look at this blog post and the associated info and you might find what you are looking for;
https://blog.cdw.com/collaboration/cisco-telepresence-one-button-push-make-demo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jannik,

You want to use TMS for scheduling meetings via MSFT Exchange/Outlook or you want to create a custom booking interface, I am not sure of the question here...

The easiest too do, use TMS, if not with Outlook/Exchange you can use TMS-PE web based Smart Schedule or for help desk bookings, the TMS admin interface.

Otherwise you can create a custom booking tool, and interface with TMS Booking API (BAPI) which is documented on CCO. This is a lot of work though if you want to build your own scheduling interface...some other customers like EMS (DEA.COM) or others have built XML interfaces to the TMS BAPI.

Setting the OBTP on your own without TMS too the endpoints is possible, other vendors have done this, like Synergy Sku based in Oslo. It is a lot of work and you have to understand how the endpoints API's work.

Hopefully this answers your question,

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Hi Ron,

thank you for your reply.

You want to use TMS for scheduling meetings via MSFT Exchange/Outlook or you want to create a custom booking interface, I am not sure of the question here...

I want to create a custom booking interface without the use of TMS.

Otherwise you can create a custom booking tool, and interface with TMS Booking API (BAPI) which is documented on CCO. This is a lot of work though if you want to build your own scheduling interface...some other customers like EMS (DEA.COM) or others have built XML interfaces to the TMS BAPI.

Sound like an idea but I still would have to use the TMS API correct? That is what I want to avoid. The best way would be to do this without a TMS.

Setting the OBTP on your own without TMS too the endpoints is possible, other vendors have done this, like Synergy Sku based in Oslo. It is a lot of work and you have to understand how the endpoints API's work.

That sound like the way I want to do it. I already worked with a lot of APIs, including CTX, Conductor, TMS and CUCM, but I am missing a documentation of how I would add those bookings to the endpoint. I know how to control and configure the endpoint and how to get bookings from it, but I am missing the part of how to add bookings to it.

I want to do this on C-Codec an SX-Codec based Enpoints.

I hope you know how to do this or where I could get information about it.

Regards,

Jannik

jamesadams_66
Level 4
Level 4

You definitely want to use TMS Bookings API. That's the best (and only supported) path, but it does come with certain limitations, like for example you cant book remote endpoints that TMS cannot reach and as its not officially supported you might find things would break from release-to-release without any notice and nothing published... thats always the risk when using private APIs....  That said, CDW did a little work on this and found out its feasible on a small scale.

take a look at this blog post and the associated info and you might find what you are looking for;
https://blog.cdw.com/collaboration/cisco-telepresence-one-button-push-make-demo

Hi James,

I actually did something similar to this for myself now. I did a Wireshark trace and recorded the API POST and GET Requests required to create a OBTP on the endpoint and repoduced them via a PHP Script. Now I can use them in our small scale booking tool. But the Emulator you referred helped me to improve my solution. Thanks You!

Jannik, Can you share some information about your PHP solution? I’m trying to do the same. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: