cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't create a user or do any Post or Put operations

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

I'm using Postman and trying to do operations on a Lab Unity Connection.

I've imported the WADL into Postman, I can do get operations all day long.  I'm using the default 'admin' account.  I've confirmed it has System Admin privileges.  I created another account called 'joeapi' and gave it all Roles possible just to test.  Both accounts have the same behavior.

Whenever I try and to a PUT or a POST operation, I get:

HTTP Status 401 - Domain not Allowed.

type: Status report

description: This request requires HTTP authentication.

If I do a:

GET https://139.126.117.28/vmrest/users

And pass in the Basic Authorization of my admin/<password> I get bunch of XML (or JSON, if I send that I accept JSON).

As soon as I convert that to a POST and include the following XML in the body as per the examples on the docwiki, I get that "Domain Not Allowed" error above.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<User>

<Alias>jdoe</Alias>

<DtmfAccessId>7890</DtmfAccessId>

</User>

Anybody have any examples of working with Unity Connection 10.5 API that might help me get past my issue?

Anybody know what my issue is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

So I found I could do the 'add User' POST message using SOAP UI.  I was using the chrome plugin for postman.  I switched to the thick client version of Postman and was able to post the message to Unity and create the user.  the only thing I did change in postman other than the default request was to disable checking of SSL in the settings.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

So I found I could do the 'add User' POST message using SOAP UI.  I was using the chrome plugin for postman.  I switched to the thick client version of Postman and was able to post the message to Unity and create the user.  the only thing I did change in postman other than the default request was to disable checking of SSL in the settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: