cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't create a user or do any Post or Put operations

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

I'm using Postman and trying to do operations on a Lab Unity Connection.

I've imported the WADL into Postman, I can do get operations all day long.  I'm using the default 'admin' account.  I've confirmed it has System Admin privileges.  I created another account called 'joeapi' and gave it all Roles possible just to test.  Both accounts have the same behavior.

Whenever I try and to a PUT or a POST operation, I get:

HTTP Status 401 - Domain not Allowed.

type: Status report

description: This request requires HTTP authentication.

If I do a:

GET https://139.126.117.28/vmrest/users

And pass in the Basic Authorization of my admin/<password> I get bunch of XML (or JSON, if I send that I accept JSON).

As soon as I convert that to a POST and include the following XML in the body as per the examples on the docwiki, I get that "Domain Not Allowed" error above.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<User>

<Alias>jdoe</Alias>

<DtmfAccessId>7890</DtmfAccessId>

</User>

Anybody have any examples of working with Unity Connection 10.5 API that might help me get past my issue?

Anybody know what my issue is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

So I found I could do the 'add User' POST message using SOAP UI.  I was using the chrome plugin for postman.  I switched to the thick client version of Postman and was able to post the message to Unity and create the user.  the only thing I did change in postman other than the default request was to disable checking of SSL in the settings.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

So I found I could do the 'add User' POST message using SOAP UI.  I was using the chrome plugin for postman.  I switched to the thick client version of Postman and was able to post the message to Unity and create the user.  the only thing I did change in postman other than the default request was to disable checking of SSL in the settings.