cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPI - extracting GreetingStreamFile returns "null" - CUPI .NET throws exception in parsing

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I tried to extract streaming files from my brand new greetings. So I extract my greetings, then for each, get the streaming files.

Apparently, the GET request returns the string null... (tested on 10.5 and 9.1). And I guess that is not correct - at least it makes the assigning of the callhandler and homeserver at the end of GetStreamingFiles bomb out:

foreach (var oObject in pGreetingStreamFiles)

{

oObject.HomeServer = pConnectionServer;

oObject.CallHandlerObjectId = pCallHandlerObjectId;

}

I guess that's my second case in just as many days - have null responses popped out somewhere else? I suppose as a workaround, I could strip out the string null in the GetCupiResponse implementation so it would be handled for other errors as well. For now as a cheap workaround I'm going to handle it just in GetStreamFiles so other errors will still pop up and cases can be filed.

2 Replies 2

Umm.. GetStreamingFile is a valid and useful command. I updated to the latest nuget but unfortunately this wasn't fixed so I'm back to my own compiled version. A "null" string is not a valid Response.. it can be null, an empty string, but certainly not a string containing the character n u l l. This is a bug in CUCN plain and simple, not really the library's fault.

I updated to the nuget release, but had to go back as I Need this command to work.