Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK Video call is not rendering video in Browser

sbejawad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are trying to build Jabber Video call from browser in our web application. We went through the Jabber SDK voice and video learning page

and able to establish video call.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/jabber/websdk/learn/voice-and-video-how-to/add-video-call-capabilities/

We were able to establish call from browser to the other other Jabber account.

User lifted phone and he/she was able to see my video.

But in the browser we were not able to see the other person video. Blank white screen is coming with End button on top.

We run this call in fire fox firebug mode and we didn't see any error there.

Thanks,

Sivaganga Bejawada

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instructions don't really cover all the bases.  For example, you really need to bind conversationUpdate.cwic and handle the video object in the update.  I don't recall that being part of the tutorial, but it's been a while since I looked at it. 

I've attached sample code that works for me.  Hopefully that will clear things up for you.  Put it in the VoiceVideo\samples directory and edit it to include your username, password, and ucm ip address.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The instructions don't really cover all the bases.  For example, you really need to bind conversationUpdate.cwic and handle the video object in the update.  I don't recall that being part of the tutorial, but it's been a while since I looked at it. 

I've attached sample code that works for me.  Hopefully that will clear things up for you.  Put it in the VoiceVideo\samples directory and edit it to include your username, password, and ucm ip address.

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks a lot for quick reply. with the updated file you provided i am able to see video. My issue resolved.

Thanks,

Sivaganga Bejawada

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: