Views
Helpful
Replies

(Please Help) Macro on RK+ CE 9.12+ for Multistream Mode

Anthony T
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I need help with creating a macro on a CE 9.12+ codec (Room Kit Plus), please.

What I want is a macro that will disable Multistream mode ("xConfiguration Conference MultiStream Mode: Off") when the codec dials a call to Webex (*.webex.com), and re-enable it when it is no longer connected to Webex.  These are on-prem registered codecs.

The reason for it is that the customer needs to be able to use local multisite even in a Webex call, and this setting, when On,  appears to prevent local multisite calls from working in a Webex call.

Due to the multisite usage, the codec could be in multiple calls, 1 or more local and 1 Webex at the same time, so the programming logic around determining if the codec is/is not in a Webex call, and when to turn off MultiStream mode is a bit complicated.

Although maybe a better way to make it would be to Disable MultiStream mode only when the codec dials out to something else while already in a call with Webex?  Not sure on that.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Anthony T,

I'm not a Room Kit expert but I've found some resources which may assist:

• Cisco Webex Room Kit - main page includes all configuration guides, downloads and data sheets plus getting-started guides, administrator guides and api reference guides.

(Once these sandboxes are replaced, just go to the  DevNet Sandbox catalog and search for 'Room Kit')