Views
Helpful
Replies

REM android app doesn't connect

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello experts,

I need some help with REM 11.5 Android App. I’ve a partner in Korea posing following query, which I had posted on TechZone too but had no luck with answer there.

Cisco had released two REM Applications for smartphones i.e. REM & REM Co-Browse. Customer is facing an issue with Android App, whereas iOS app is working fine. They're using REM app & not the REM Co-Browse.

Following are specs..

They're on supported phone model i.e. Samsung Galaxy S7 & also on supported version of Android i.e. Nougat.

In the App, they've provided following details but the App wont connect, whereas with same info iOS app connects well. What could be the issue ?

Assist Server host : rem.i-challenge.co.kr
Assist Server Port : 8443
use Secure connection : Yes
Assist agent id : sip:40353000@10.70.62.38

They've tried replacing FQDN with IP address in "Assist Server host" field.

Following is the working connection details for iOS app

Support Server Address : https://rem.i-challenge.co.kr:8443
Destination : sip:40353000@10.70.62.38

What could be the issue ?

GP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gajanan,

Your configuration formats looks good but the REM app is an older one that was released before Android 7 and it will not work on Android 7. However the co-browse app which has the same functionality will work with Android 7. (this apps just got a different name and default website but that can be changed in the configuration).

REMOTE EXPERT MOBILE (PLAYSTORE) - Built for REM 10.6. This App works on Android 5.1. Android 6&7 are not supported.

REMOTE EXPERT MOBILE COBROWSE (PLAYSTORE) - ​built for REM 11.5 This App works with Android 5.1, 6 and 7.

Bear in mind, these are just sample apps. You can build the same sample app provided with their REM 11.5 SDK and that should work with Android 6 or 7

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gajanan,

Your configuration formats looks good but the REM app is an older one that was released before Android 7 and it will not work on Android 7. However the co-browse app which has the same functionality will work with Android 7. (this apps just got a different name and default website but that can be changed in the configuration).

REMOTE EXPERT MOBILE (PLAYSTORE) - Built for REM 10.6. This App works on Android 5.1. Android 6&7 are not supported.

REMOTE EXPERT MOBILE COBROWSE (PLAYSTORE) - ​built for REM 11.5 This App works with Android 5.1, 6 and 7.

Bear in mind, these are just sample apps. You can build the same sample app provided with their REM 11.5 SDK and that should work with Android 6 or 7

Regards,

Rob

Thank you Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: