cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet me

mdelgado2014
Level 1
Level 1

Can I start Meet me without softkey in TAPI or JTAPI ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I just made a mistake! To dial the meet-me number from the first IP phone, it won't join the conference successfully. I'll delete my posts early.

I checked some old support cases, the meet-me feature is not supported by CTI. So unfortunately, it's not possible to initial a meet-me conf via CTI. To join an existed meet-me conf is ok.

As you suggested early, it's possible to send a key event from CTI client to trigger the Meet-me softkey. But I'm afraid the app won't be very stable, for it requires the Meet-me softkey in certain position when the command is sent.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Tieying
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manuel,

Could you describe more details about the call scenarios you want? Meet me need the end users to press the softkey and input the conf number. To start it with CTI app, do you mean, the end users press the button from CTI desktop client, or something else?

Hi, txuan

I have a Tapi  Application, this application works with simple conferences, I want to change to Meet-Me conferences because is more easy to work and return to simple calls when you have several participants.

If I have started the Meet-Me room in a telephone (CIPC or CIP Phone) I can dial to number MeetMe from my application, this works fine!. But I can not start automatically the room Meet-Me, only I can do it  pressing the button on the phone manually.

I was investigating and I can start Meet-Me on the phone with a script using Cisco Ip Services, I dont know if exists other way for do it.

Also, I see that Meet-Me is very related with the phone, I can not register it so I register a Ctiport for example.

Have you some idea?

Thanks,

The IP phone can dial the Meet-me number, and join the conference directly. It's not required to press the Meet-me button before the conf number. So you can do the same thing with the CTI app, just dial the meet me number from CTI, and let the IP phone join the conf. Of cause, you can trigger the softkey with IP phone service, but I don't think it's required.

But, the first time I have to start the Meet-Me pressing the button on the phone, and this is that i want to develop in my Tapi application

To start the conference Meet-Me : Now manually, i press the button Meet-Me on the phone, I dont know how to develop this in Tapi

List of participants join them in a conference Meet-Me: I dont know how get it with Tapi.

Join a new participant: is oK, In this point, i dont have any problem, my application dials to conference Meet Me and this is joined to conference Meet-Me

Thanks,

Hi Manuel,

I don't have a try with TAPI. I tested it with JTAPI client. I simply modified the "makecall" sample coming with JTAPI client installation. And make a call from IP phone number to the Meet-me conference number. It works fine. It's similar with calling another extension. Just replace the called number with Meet-me number.

Have you tried to initial a call from an IP phone to another extension? I thinks you need replace the called number only.

If I dont to start before the MeetMe conference pressing the button "MeetMe" on the phone, I make call to MeetMe conference and the line is busy!

Do you have software or hardware MeetMe ?

Do you mean the conference bridge? I use the media resource inside CUCM.

I have added a "Meet-Me Number/Pattern" from CUCM administration "1000X"

If I make call to 10000 the line is busy

I have to press the softkey button "Meet Me" on the phone

Now I can to make call to 10000, Conference is ok..

Does It exist other way to do it ?

How can i start MeetMe using resource inside CUCM?

Do you want to say , configure it in the router/gateway ?

Thanks,

CUCM adds Software Conference Bridges automatically on installation. They provide limited resources for conference.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 7.1(2) - Conference Bridge Configuration [Cisco Unifi…

I don't have hardware conference bridges in the lab, so use the software one only.

I did the same Meet-me configuration as you.

Can you dial the meet-me number directly, and join the conference? I mean don't press the Meet-me softkey, and just pickup the handset, and dial the meet-me number.

Can you tell me how to have enabled and started the conference Meet Me automatically?

Some changes in configuration?

Look this it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10658921/programming-auto-setup-meetme-speeddial

This is my problem.

Thanks,

Sorry, I just made a mistake! To dial the meet-me number from the first IP phone, it won't join the conference successfully. I'll delete my posts early.

I checked some old support cases, the meet-me feature is not supported by CTI. So unfortunately, it's not possible to initial a meet-me conf via CTI. To join an existed meet-me conf is ok.

As you suggested early, it's possible to send a key event from CTI client to trigger the Meet-me softkey. But I'm afraid the app won't be very stable, for it requires the Meet-me softkey in certain position when the command is sent.

Ok. Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: