Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring/Controlling Route Point vs CTI Port

ThePrimasGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is monitoring a Route Point any different from monitoring a CTI Port?

Thanks!

Rich.

7 Replies 7

Tieying
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure what's the meaning of "monitoring". An app need return a label for a Route Point only, but implement all features as an Endpoint for CTI port.

Monitoring is the term used by many other CTI protocols to refer to listening for telephony events that occur on a device, but not necessarily engage in Call Control.

I hear what you are saying, but i am having no success in monitoring a Route Point for anything right now. It would help me *greatly* if i could figure out the necessary setup of a Route Point or the Code Flags needed to enable my app to receive CTI events for a Route Point. I think i am close, but i dont know what i dont know.

Thanks!

Got the question. According to the TAPI/JTAPI document, CTI Route Points/Ports are not CTI supported devices (marked as NA in the document). I'm afraid they couldn't be monitored, since they are software endpoints. Let me have a check in lab tomorrow.

If you have CDN contract, it's better to open a SR, and confirm it with support engineer Adrienne Moherek.

Hi txuan,

Thank you, i will look forward to your results...

Even a deeper understanding of the Environment would be helpful, because i could find a different configuration to work around this. As i have started to find that the CTI ports do identify the Route Point as the Callee (Called Device), which is not what i expected. I will be interested if you find the same. So, this may be something i can work with, but i need to build the IVR in my environment which is still a few days away after i return.

FYI - I am travelling until next week, but i will try to monitor & reply to this post.

Also i have just learned that there are a pool of CTI Ports and although they are assigned to a group, they are not designated to a single Route Point. So a CTI Port can be re-used automatically on another Route Point elsewhere in the call flow. I was thinking that i may be able to assign a small group and monitor the all of them.

Many Thanks!

Hi txuan,

Have you done any testing?

Thanks.

Sorry! I have some trouble with my lab UC setup. I'm trying to recover it. Hope it could be done in today.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the late! I setup the UC and had the test finally. I use UCCX to register CTI route points and ports to CUCM. And trace the CTI events with jtrace tool installed with JTAPI client. When made a call from an IP phone to the CTI route point (1009 calls 7108), the jtrace received the call events.

I don't test TAPI to monitor the events, for there is no such an out-of-box tool.

Address "7108"NEW META EVENT_________META_UNKNOWN

Received CiscoAddrInServiceEv Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

NEW META EVENT_________META_UNKNOWN

Received CiscoTermInServiceEv Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

NEW META EVENT_________META_CALL_STARTING

Received CallActiveEv for callID=101 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NEW_CALL

Received ConnCreatedEv for 7108 29350116/1 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received ConnInProgressEv for 7108 29350116/1 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received CallCtlConnOfferedEv for 7108 29350116/1 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL CallControlCause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Current Calling PartyInfo= Addr= 1009 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=0 Port=0 urlType=0

Current Called PartyInfo= Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=38521684 Port=0 urlType=0

Current Calling CallInfo: Addr= 1009 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1

Current Called CallInfo: Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1

Null LRPCalled PartyInfo= Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=-1295621920 Port=0 urlType=0

CallingPartyIpAddr=/192.168.253.88Received ConnCreatedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

NEW META EVENT_________META_CALL_PROGRESS

Received ConnConnectedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received CallCtlConnEstablishedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL CallControlCause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Current Calling PartyInfo= Addr= 1009 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=0 Port=0 urlType=0

Current Called PartyInfo= Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=38521684 Port=0 urlType=0

Current Calling CallInfo: Addr= 1009 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1

Current Called CallInfo: Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1

Null LRPCalled PartyInfo= Addr= 7108 AddrPI=true DispName= DispNamePI=true Unicode= locale=1 user= Host= TransType=-1295621920 Port=0 urlType=0

NEW META EVENT_________META_CALL_PROGRESS

Received ConnConnectedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received CallCtlConnEstablishedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL CallControlCause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Route Event Received

NEW META EVENT_________META_CALL_REMOVING_PARTY

Received ConnDisconnectedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=REDIRECT Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received CallCtlConnDisconnectedEv for 1009 0/0 REASON=REDIRECT Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL CallControlCause: CAUSE_REDIRECTED

Calling Party IP Address:/192.168.253.88

NEW META EVENT_________META_CALL_ENDING

Received ConnDisconnectedEv for 7108 29350116/1 REASON=REDIRECT Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Received CallCtlConnDisconnectedEv for 7108 29350116/1 REASON=REDIRECT Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL CallControlCause: CAUSE_REDIRECTED

Received CallInvalidEv for callID=102 REASON=REDIRECT Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

The type of callNEW META EVENT_________META_UNKNOWN

Received CallObservationEndedEv for callID=103 REASON=NORMAL Cause: CAUSE_NORMAL

Consult call instance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: