cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move SIP Header from REFER to INVITE

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are working to connect Genesys PureConenct and Genesys PureEngage together, passing through Cisco CUCM.  We have a SIP trunk from CUCM to Connect and a SIP trunk from CUCM to Engage.  The original proof of concept had an INVITE sent from CONNECT to CUCM which contained a set of 12 custom headers that I was able to use a SIP Transparency script to pass through.  What we found was that this maintained multiple calls resulting in a need for double the license count.

We have moved to a new solution that uses SIP REFER messages from Connect to Cisco, resulting in a new INVITE being sent from Cisco to Engage.  The problem is that there is a custom data field in the REFER message that needs to be copied over to the INVITE that is sent to Engage.  I am not able to find a mechanism that allows me to take the custom data field in the REFER and pass it to the INVITE.

ConversationSIP-Conversation.jpg

SIP Refer with Custom ININAttr Field

SIP-REFER-with-ININ.jpg

3 Replies 3

pandresb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @djohnson , Do you find a solution?

I have exactly the same issue and I couldn't find how solve it yet. If you have a solution, I'll appreciate if you share it.

If not, I let you know if I find something.

Regards

Pablo

Is there a solution available for this issue ? One of the methods to copy headers is using sip-copylist (see reference link below), but do not know how to implement it on REFER. As the incoming dial-peer for refer is Dial-Peer 0.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/copy_sip_headers.pdf

Can someone guide?

pandresb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pranav, 

Did you try to consume REFER in the GW and passthrough the unsupported header?

voice service voip

no supplementary-service sip refer
 sip
  pass-thru headers unsupp

This should send a new INVITE (REFER consumption) from GW to CUCM with the custom header added.

Regards

Pablo