Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Registered/Unregister Event

shik9
Level 1
Level 1

I have couple of questions

i) Can some one list where can I check methods and classes of this class--> com.cisco.cti.util.Condition

conditionobj.set()

conditionobj.test()

I am particulary looking at above methods what do they do?

ii) What Event is triggered when a phone registers or unregisters? In Call manager we have a status field which displays Phone status - Registered/Unregistered. How can we access it using JTAPI?

We are using terminalChangedEvent Events --> CiscoTermInServiceEv, CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv  in conjunction with conditionobj.test() to check if terminal is offline. But now it doesn't report when Cisco 8800 series phone are down. So wanted to check with the registered status .

1 Reply 1

pmnkumar
Level 1
Level 1

com.cisco.cti.util.Condition is used internally by Cisco JTAPI and is not an interface available to applications. It is not a good practice to use any thing not defined in the extensions and JTAPI 1.2 spec. Since this is not a Cisco extension the implementation can change any time.  There are probably used to implement the post conditions of various API.

If there is a terminal observer on the terminal (phone), terminalChangedEvent method will be called with a CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv. Applications should use this event and not the condition object. Check the source of JTrace application (available in Cisco JTAPI install folder) on how to handle in-service and out-of-service events.