Views
Helpful
Replies

Real time monitoring of CUCM call events

pwrp4j1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

I have a requirement to monitor calls between telephony devices (e.g. a Cisco 7960 desk phone or soft phone). As soon as a call is placed, our software is supposed to provide a notification trigger which pops out a video display in our application. The display stays open until the call is terminated and thus an event trigger would be used to shut the video display down.

I have been looking at the various available options including TAPI - however as far as I can see, this appears to only work if the call is placed and received in a workstation that has a TAPI client installed and it is the one used for placing/receiving calls.

Is there any other API or way we can do this?

Thanks

Randeep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAPI (or JTAPI) can be used to monitor multiple phones/lines from the same application - which can certainly be a server app.  The TAPI application will connect to CUCM via a configured 'application user' (or possibly a regular user account), and the CUCM admin can associated one or many phones to this app user - the application can then open and monitor events on any of the devices available in its associated device list.

There is also a mechanism whereby a TAPI/JTAPI application can dynamically 'acquire' control of a device ad hoc, based on its device name (see the 'super provider' feature info.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAPI (or JTAPI) can be used to monitor multiple phones/lines from the same application - which can certainly be a server app.  The TAPI application will connect to CUCM via a configured 'application user' (or possibly a regular user account), and the CUCM admin can associated one or many phones to this app user - the application can then open and monitor events on any of the devices available in its associated device list.

There is also a mechanism whereby a TAPI/JTAPI application can dynamically 'acquire' control of a device ad hoc, based on its device name (see the 'super provider' feature info.)

Thank you, I will look deeper into the interface today. During the configuration of the TAPI, I didn't set it up as mentioned in your message. I will associate an Application user rather than an end user this time.

End user or Application user will work fine - the trick is in adding target devices to the 'Controlled Devices' list for the user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: